Both students and professors at the School of Hospitality at Kendall College paired up to learn about craft beer and came up with a pretty cool infographic. Some of the more interesting points found in this infographic are:
• Just over a third (36%) of consumers drink craft beer. That number may not seem that high but it is way up in the last decade.
• Almost half of consumers (45%) would be more willing to try craft beers if they were more educated about them.
• If a wheat beer like Bells Oberon is a beer of choice for you, try pairing it with Sushi.
• If you are more of darker beers like Stouts, try pairing it with a dessert food like Chocolate cake. Southern Tier Choclate would be a great choice here!
• Sales of craft beer equaled roughly 5.7 billion in 2007. In 2012 the sales of craft beer doubled to just over 12 billion. By the time 2017 rolls around, craft beer sales are expected to triple to over 36 billion. These numbers show excellent growth of the craft beer industry.
• Craft brewers in the United States alone account for more than 103,585 jobs. That’s a lot of people put to work by craft beer.